Woobaby's Journey

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Women, give a brother a chance!


Okay, as a man it becomes kind of difficult to judge what a woman really wants or expects from a man! Especially when trying to pursue a relationship. For example, if a man acts on the impulse to pay for dinner during an initial date, some women tend to take this as offensive. The thinking behind this reaction is that women feel that they are independent enough to pay for their own meal. In reality, all the man is attempting to be is a gentleman, as taught by his mother. Women say they no longer have the desire to be treated as though they are the lesser gender! While I agree with this wholeheartedly, and men should treat woman as equals, it's just some things that men should be allowed to do without women making them feel as though they are doing something wrong. If a man opens the door for a woman, she should take it as a compliment as opposed to some trivial meaning behind it.

I see women as beautiful beings! I mean, God did His thing when He created them, so for a woman to be treated as anything less puzzles me. Unfortunately, some men make it their mission to use women as punching bags, human property and as "breeders". So, to an extent I can see why some women refuse to accept an open door, a paid for meal, or even a simple compliment from men.

However, there are still gentlemen in the world and some woman just need to take it slow, before shredding a brother to bits! I can understand a hurt heart, so your guard is up considerably, but if you ever desire that feeling that you ultimately want, something has to give; hopefully, it won't be a women's heart! I make no apologies for my gender, because I too have made my share of mistakes, and for whatever reason, I haven't taken out a particular woman's shortcomings out on the whole gender!

Just think back to Destiny's child growth! Initially, it was bills, bills, bills, "I'm a survivor", independent woman, soldier, and then cater to you! What is it! While I think at one point in a woman's life, any of the previously mentioned titles might apply; a man needs some support to understand which it is!

Ladies, while I love you to death, a brother just needs some clarity! At least give me the 5 W's! Who, what, when, where and why! Give a brother those and he should make it his business to figure out the how!

3 Comments:

  • You just haven't gotten to the right person, personally I love that kind of thing. I love being treated like that. And yes, I love being equal too. Some women want you to know that we can take care of ourselves. Please pick someone with a brain If you are going to give, give from the heart, some men are always looking for something in return. If you are a open the door, take me out to dinner type of man, keep being like that, that is wondeful, it's not many out there. But, there are some women like me, that if you treat me special I like to do the same for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, December 21, 2005 9:26:00 AM  

  • I feel what you're saying, but at what point do you say, "Okay, I thik I can give my heart to this individual?" Actually, it's not even getting to the love part, I'm really speaking on the initial meeting and the pursuing/courtship part! It goes without saying you should always be careful who you give your heart to, but during the process you tend to meet some truly insecure women!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, December 21, 2005 11:56:00 AM  

  • Yes, it's a lot of them. And there are some insecurities. But, speaking for me I wish you could take me out so you can show me how much of a gentleman you are.

    Like I said you are rare.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, December 21, 2005 12:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home