Woobaby's Journey

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

You tell me!!

Ghetto or Resourceful

Growing up in my neighborhood families did a lot of things the best way they could. Lack of money was probably the one constant in my community, buying the latest product was definitely out of the question if you desired to keep that roof over your family’s head. However we all grew up and swore to never have to do those same things again, because we were embarrassed! Some of those moments or actions have been given a label and commonly referred to as being “Ghetto”, however I have to pose the question to you all; “Was it Ghetto or Resourceful?”

01. Making a wish sandwich!
02. Using pliers to turn the TV!
03. Having a screwdriver or any other tool other than keys to start up your car!
04. Using a face cloth in the bathtub as a plug!
05. Re-using pickle, mayonnaise, or mason jars as drinking containers!
06. Using cooking grease after it’s been used again!
07. Keeping the old TV and using it as a TV stand!
08. Using tape to fix any and everything!
09. Wearing underwear as swimming attire!
10. Using crates to support the bed!
Until next time...

5 Comments:

  • When being that's it's 2006 I would just say that this is just being resourceful, because I am doing numbers 1, 5 , 6, 7, and 8 right now. My wish sandwish, ended up being an egg sandwish. but now, I use the pickle jar, to put vinegar and paprika, to season my meat while I'm bbqueing. I always use my grease over at least four times. I just taped the handle of my broom yesterday. I have a 20 inch sitting on top of my 24 inch that went out. And I would never use underwear as swimming attire, but I have used tshirts, they are also good for sleepwear as well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:25:00 AM  

  • Most of the list I would call resourceful. #3, 7, 9, and 10 are a little on the Ghetto side. And #8 is a little of both. But I'm not knocking it. Hey, you do what you gotta do.

    By Blogger Hali, at Wednesday, January 11, 2006 12:46:00 PM  

  • Great post!

    I'd call it resourceful..but old habits don't die, because as "im not ghetto" posted - to this day, even tho I am firmly planted in "tha middle class" I still engage in # 4, #5, & #8

    but when i came up, hell yeah - we did the entire list!!!

    and my boy still does #9 knowing damn well I bought him multiple pairs of swim trunks from Target.

    By Blogger Supa, at Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:36:00 PM  

  • I say resourceful. hell, i still plug the bathtub up with a face cloth, it works better than the stopper.

    By Blogger cookie21204, at Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:51:00 PM  

  • I still do half that shit!..lol. Shit is resourceful my brother.

    By Blogger MZPEACH, at Thursday, January 12, 2006 1:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home