Woobaby's Journey

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Super Detroit 4 The Moment


So, by now everyone is tired of hearing about Jerome Bettis and how this would be the perfect ending to his football career! I know I get tired of seeing him on the damn TV! Trust me, I aint hating, but I know there has to be another story line in there somewhere, right!!!?? It just has to be! Jerome “The Bus” Bettis has seemingly done every thing right or politically correct in his career so there’s no hating on him at all. Much props to one of the players in the Big Game that’s representing Detroit.

Detroit has been transformed into a place that I can barely recognize! I guess much like Jacksonville was changed over last year for the Big Game! There are parties all over town and out of town! Usher is having a party and charging $300 to get in! WTF! Is this his way of saying all unimportant people stay the fuck out! Not that I would pay that much to attend any party, unless Tupac finally came back and he gave me a discount!

So, if you look at ESPN and hear all the wonderful things that are being said about my hometown, you would have to question yourself about all the sudden love! I guess the Disney and NFL folks have their marketing teams on over drive! However, just wait until everything goes back to normal! I looked out of my office window (ex-office) and could see TV crews from everywhere! Traffic was a nightmare, so I can only imagine how out-of-towners felt! So, just wait until all the bright lights and camera’s are off and see what your local writer has to say about ABC/Disney’s/ NFL’s favorite city of the week!

As for myself, I’ll still be here writing about the typical bullshyt, good and bad that goes on in the real Detroit!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home