Woobaby's Journey

Monday, October 31, 2005

My Weekend

Hey, I think I'm an hour early today!!!

Well my weekend was nothing special! On Saturday, it was take my little cousins to their DAPCEP classes and after that....you guessed it, more studying for the dreaded test! I actually got the chance to complete the book this weekend, which is definitely a good thing!



On Sunday, I went to church and dragged my little cousin with me! The message was about being the salt of the earth! The pastor wanted to remind us that we are the salt of the earth and to never lose our saltiness!!! He wanted us to know that we are all very distinctive in our own right; however, if we were to lose our saltiness, how effective could we be in our seasoning for others and ourselves. Losing your salt was not indicative of being saved, but just not being as effective as we could be in our lives or the lives of others. Similar to having bland food, it still nourishes, it's just not as good! Salt effects what it touches and being children of the Lord, we should always retain our saltiness! Hopefully that wasn't too confusing. Anyway, it was a good message and service was enjoyable as usual! No guess speaker this week, just good ole Pastor Johnson!

After church, I was planning on taking my little cousin to McDonald's, but I called a friend and he told me that they were going to Coney Island for breakfast. So, we decided to join them at this little restaurant! Unfortunately, the service wasn't the best and the menu was even worse! They didn't have pancakes! They didn't have sausages. It was a lot of "didn't have's"! Heck, one of my friends wanted a newspaper out of the machine, so he asked for change and take a guess....they didn't have change either! After all of that, they didn't even have our business! Needless to say, we got the hell up out of there! We joined my brother and his friends at another restaurant about ten minutes away! The switch was definitely a good thing. The food and service was great! Good looking L George's!



After breakfast I watched those damn Lions lose another one! They just gave this game away at the end! I give a lot of the blame to the coaching because they don't have the heart to take a stand on Defense or Offense. For the sake of football, please call decent schemes!!! The offensive play calling is just plain bad! I credit Garcia for trying to make the best out of this ill fated scheme. The defense couldn't take a quarter from a second grader! It's all on the Defensive coordinator!! Call a damn blitz, you coward!!! Okay, enough of that!! Hey, gotta vent sometimes!



The good thing about the sports scene was that Michigan State and Michigan won their football games. Who thought those damn Northwestern Wildcats were gonna actually win...you aint gotta say a thing!! And the Indiana Hoosiers, I think their still getting the S off of their helmets! Way to go Wolverines and Spartans, so long Wildcats since you're out of the top 25! As Nelson from the Simpsons would say

"Ha-ha....I said ha-ha"

That's pretty much it!

5 Comments:

  • It sounds like you had a pretty full weekend. It's nice to hear that you are spending time with your younger family members, molding them. And remember it's only a game.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, October 31, 2005 10:02:00 AM  

  • IT'S NEVER "JUST A GAME!" Ya gotta wint one for the Gipper! The game isn't over until the fat lady sing!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, October 31, 2005 10:12:00 AM  

  • You might not think so, and yes you do have your opinion, but it's just a game. Look it up in the dictionary, under football.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, October 31, 2005 11:20:00 AM  

  • I don't think Laquisha is your real name! I don't know if Joe looked it up in the dictionary, but I did and here's what it said: 4. Something which is treated in a rough manner, usually as part of a dispute; as, a political football! See it's even political!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, October 31, 2005 12:20:00 PM  

  • Well whoever look in the Webster Dictionary. #1 A game played by 2 11 members team

    Thank you

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, October 31, 2005 12:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home