Woobaby's Journey

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Detroit Election

Okay, well I'm a little behind, but I'm back...bastards.

The election was held on Tuesday, November 8th and by now I'm sure all have heard the results...that is those that care!

The incumbent, Mayor Kilpatrick or as some sarcastically or affectionately tend to call him "Kwame" pulled out the victory, which some deemed an upset! My boy told me I just wasted my vote by selecting the eventual loser!! I told him to kiss...okay, I'm not going there!! However, my feelings were really indifferent on the matter, because I felt that whom ever was in charge had a full plate and there could be no knocking the heels of Dorothy's shoes together to magically fix the problem. This city has just as many cultural faces as OZ, but like the little weird girl said "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore", hopefully Detroit will not be under the control of a fake Wizard!

Also, the City Clerk, Jackie Currie, was sent packing! She was replaced by Janice Winfrey, whom I think few even knew who she was, but felt it was time to let Jackie ease off into the pastures!!!! Ironically, Janice Winfrey's husband has been elected to the School Board!!! Things that make ya say....what the 'f#@k'!!!

As far as our tired ass City Council goes we have some new blood in there, but unfortunately, most of the problem is structural! I feel there should be a representative for each determined district in the city, that way citizens can actually hold council members accountable for the way they are handling their jobs. Understanding politics, so it's no wonder people are elected on name recognition alone, unless your name is mud, then you're a shoe in!!! Hey, now we have a Motown Legend on the council...go Martha Reeves! Hopefully she can perform better with this group then she did with the Supremes oops, I meant Vandella's !!! Detroit....ya gotta love it

I do find it kind of amusing after Mayor Kilpatrick won, how the media folks that had dogged him out was looking for ways to seem unbias...aint that a 'b#$#h!! My vote didn't go to him, but hey everyone is entitled. It did make me proud to see the citizens of Detroit actually get out and vote! To each his own!!!

Now we shall see what the next four years hold for this wonderful city that I call home...okay, so I'm living in the suburbs right now...but my address says Detroit!!!

So just in case ya missed it check out all of the results below....A Hip-Hop Mayor and a Motown City Council....I can just see the beef now...New School vs Old School!

Detroit we have to move forward and work together! Okay that's the old being supportive phrase, but when it's true it's true!!!

Election Results...if you care!!!

What Suburbia had to say about the Results

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home