Woobaby's Journey

Monday, November 28, 2005

RENT Review

Yeaaahhhh boooyyyeeee!!!

Okay, so I finally got a chance to catch Rent on Saturday, so here are my thoughts!

The movie started off with the song that they play in the Previews (Seasons of Love)Movie Clip, so that had me really excited about the rest of the movie! However, after such a good opening scene, it became rather slow, and I had the feeling that it was going to be another poor adaptation of something wonderful gong wrong! Much to my delight, the movie picked up tremendously! The movie which had most of the original musical cast, stayed true to the play! The movie even clarified a lot of things that I didn't pick up on from the play! For anyone who plans on going to see this movie, I can only hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Actually, I plan on going to see it again!


Overall I felt the movie did justice to the play, so I have to give it a 4.3 out of 5! Why the weird number you ask??? The first couple of minutes that started off rather slow must be accounted for somehow! Other than that it may have gotten a 4.5...couldn't give it a 5, because I think it might be slightly bias!!! I would have to say "See the play first" but for those who can't make it to NYC to check it out, the movie may seem like crib notes!! Anyway, go check it out...and then tell me if I'm wrong!!!



Until next time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home