Woobaby's Journey

Monday, November 28, 2005

The Bird's the Word



Okay, so Turkey Day has come and gone, but that damn bird is still in the fridge! So, what ways have you come up with to eliminate the remainder of your bird?

So far, I have only had a few slices, excluding Thanksgiving Day! I don't even think I'm going to make it to a turkey sandwich this year! Heck, our bird was kind of dry! The Turkey cooks refuse to believe that they cooked a dry ass bird...hello, it's Turkey and unless you do something totally amazing with it....it's going to be dry!
Note: There are three jars of Miracle Whip in the fridge!!! If the bird wasn't that damn dry...what's the purpose of the mayo!!! Hello, is this thing on!!??


So, how have you used your left-over bird so far:

My brother's trying turkey pot-pie! I told him just to leave it alone, but I think he thinks he has something rather special on his hand! Other than a headache, I don't see it!

As for myself, it's back to the regular, get that Thanksgiving day crap out of here! As interesting as it is, people tend to call it a thanksgiving day meal, but I'm pretty sure I've eaten this same meal on different holidays, hell, on different family functions that were not holidays!! I guess the only true difference is that we only do turkey on Thanksgiving!! I guess their boycott works most of there year!
Until next time...

2 Comments:

  • I think turkey pot pie is a good recipe for left over Thanksgiving turkey. Some people just throw the entire bird out after T-Day. Kudos to your brother. I am gonna catch RENT to see if it is all that you said. Only drawback is the fact that I didn't catch the play in NYC.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, November 28, 2005 2:28:00 PM  

  • I'm sure that people are truly creative with that bird after Thanksgiving. I'm not eating my brothers mystery pot pie either.

    Let me know what you think of the movie.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, December 02, 2005 7:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home